- Street: Anywhere
- City: Planet Earth
- State/Province: New Jersey
- Country: United States (US)
- Zip/Postal Code: 07028
- Listed: August 4, 2021 10:52 pm
- Expires: 127 days, 20 hours
Collaborator wanted for “Zoom Road Trip” project for 2021 Virtual Burn.
Hi. I’m looking for help on a project I’m calling the Zoom Road Trip.
It is inspired by 2010 NJ→NV road trip to the 2010 Burn with my son, Davis, my college roommate and his daughter, Zhenia.
You can read about it here:
The idea is that we’ll provide a bunch of zoom background videos taken sideways out a moving car window.
Then at our Zoom Road Trip camp, people offering zoom rides will pick up hitch-hikers. Rather than face the camera, which is the cause of Zoom Fatigue, you’ll face sideways as if you’re looking at the road. You can occasionally look at your partner, but they might not be looking at you. The idea is to spend time together without the pressure of being “on” all the time.
Between 1970-79 I hitch-hiked over 30,000 miles logging >1,000 hours speaking to strangers. Not meaning to diminish the Burn, it was a more transformational experience by far. I lost my fear of strangers and leaned to find the best in everyone and to be more interesting than the radio.
And, sadly, if you wanted to replicate my experience today you couldn’t.
So, can you imagine this would be a good thing to simulate at least?
I could use help with one or more of the following:
1) Play-testing this idea in advance. All you need to do is do a zoom call between now and Aug 20.
2) Collecting road-trip video. All you need to do is tape your phone to the side window, turn on the video recorder, and go for a drive of 20 minutes or so.
3) Offer “zoom rides” as part of our camp on Sparkleverse during the Burn Week (August 29-Sept 6). All you need to do is participate in the Virtual Burn for an hour or more.
To be clear, it’s great if you can help with one of these even if you can’t help with the others.
Please email me directly.
Thanks in advance.
393 total views, 3 today