- Country: United States (US)
- City: Black Rock City
- Listed: June 8, 2018 5:11 pm
- Expires: 164 days, 5 hours
You are walking across 9:00 Plaza in Black Rock City. There’s a red door, illuminated by a single light, mysterious and intriguing. Curious, you enter. A long dark hall, thick draperies…
… you emerge into a sumptuous room, the salon of a decadent Aristocrat – forgotten and moldering, yet still retaining vestiges of elegance: tall walls with peeling wallpaper; a fire crackles in an ornate fireplace; a king-sized bed covered in furs; Persian carpets; oil paintings… Welcome to the RED HERRING.
Set in one wall is a theater stage where many interesting performances occur: magicians, poets, dancers, musicians, singers… a DJ spins but the audio here is more atmospheric than you’ve heard elsewhere on the playa: folksongs, whale songs, jazz, choirs, chanting, classical… a hunched manservant serves tea during the day and cocktails in the wee hours… and perhaps you’ll even be fortunate enough to meet the Aristocrat in person…
This is a parlor where many things have happened; can happen; will happen. It’s a place to discover and share…
If you are interested in camping at the RED HERRING, please fill out and submit the form linked below. Once you receive approval from our managers, you’ll be emailed information on how to pay dues. NOTE: your spot is not confirmed until your cost-sharing dues are paid.Here’s a little of what you can expect while camping at Red Herring.
RED HERRING is Not a plug n play– in that nobody is there to serve you. We pool our considerable camp resources to provide the following and everyone contributes a couple of work shifts and helps with teardown. As with every camp, some folks do more work than others, but we try to curate members who are doing work that is FUN for them so we all benefit, and nobody leaves feeling overworked.
• RED HERRING Club, our interactive performance space and collective gift to the playa. Chill vibe. Decadent. Eclectic. Trippy.
• Camp meals brought to you by Red Herring Volunteers. We cook meals/food for the entire group 2x per day and there will be some snacks throughout the day. Nobody will starve, but if you want something specific, suggest you bring a cooler of favorite drinks and snacks.
• Hot camp showers ( on-demand tank heats your water).
• SHADE: large, comfy back-of-camp shade over social area and Herring private back of camp bar stocked with some camp liquor plus whatever our members donate
• Option to pre-purchase 15 gal. potable water. need to sign up pre-event.
• Three private camp portas with locks, emptied daily. for use only by RH members
• RV Sign up for waste service
• Dedicated space for camping. We’ve requested 9:00 Plaza area again. Keeping fingers crossed.
• Bar in the lounge area with an occasional theme night, iced tea during the day
• Gray water tank on site
Membership Request Form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zlrpLq0ZotYS99Wq7JWQYp-K62H0mSmkvcsrd0hJcyA
Red Herring Web Page https://www.redherringbrc.com/
205 total views, 4 today