Our Mutant Vehicle project is underway, looking to hire/work with Fabricators and add people to our team!
- Country: United States (US)
- State/Province: California
- City: San Francisco
- Listed: January 7, 2020 10:01 am
- Expires: 157 days, 12 hours
San Francisco Based camp LED Dinosaur is building an art car for Burning Man 2020 and we are looking to grow our core team (currently 11 people) with experts & first-time artists looking to collaborate on a fun project.
We are also exploring budgeting money to hire people with expertise in the following to work or consult on the project:
– Building Mutant Vehicles
– LED Lighting installation & programming
– “Fabric/cotton-based” fabrication
– 3D modeling or Building Structures
If you are interested please contact Daniel
Project details below
Where we are:
– Build: We’ve acquired a base vehicle, a 93 Mitsubishi Fuso Box Truck and already have a professionally built metal frame on the car (3D Image here: https://i.imgur.com/FDwKccc.jpg)
We have already secured build space at the Box Shop in SF (www.boxshopsf.org) starting in March so we’ll have access to equipment and plenty of space to build.
Team: our team is mostly novice, with a Masters in Mech. Engineering and 6+ years at Ford as our Build lead, another who is an industrial design student, and some other talented/motivated software engineers/artists/folks with construction & car experience who are excited to be working on the project.
– Design: we’ve come up with a concept for a car we’re calling “Afterlife” a 2 level Greek/Roman style Heaven covered in LED lit clouds, greek columns, and more. (Here’s a link to our design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z92lEIC_6B-7dVhkKkhUutgx3w2Kpq5UsfJii-weSrM/edit#)
-Fundraising: we’ve already proven successful in raising money ($5k+) to purchase the base from our large community of over 300 Dinos and have fundraising events in both NYC and SF this month. We plan to launch a Kickstarter in the coming month as well.
162 total views, 2 today