Our Mutant Vehicle project is underway, looking to hire/work with Fabricators and add people to our team!
- Country: United States (US)
- State/Province: California
- City: San Francisco
- Listed: January 7, 2020 10:01 am
- Expires: 89 days
San Francisco Based camp LED Dinosaur is building an art car for Burning Man 2020 and we are looking to grow our core team (currently 11 people) with experts & first-time artists looking to collaborate on a fun project.
We are also exploring budgeting money to hire people with expertise in the following to work or consult on the project:
– Building Mutant Vehicles
– LED Lighting installation & programming
– “Fabric/cotton-based” fabrication
– 3D modeling or Building Structures
If you are interested please contact Daniel
Project details below
Where we are:
– Build: We’ve acquired a base vehicle, a 93 Mitsubishi Fuso Box Truck and already have a professionally built metal frame on the car (3D Image here: https://i.imgur.com/FDwKccc.jpg)
We have already secured build space at the Box Shop in SF (www.boxshopsf.org) starting in March so we’ll have access to equipment and plenty of space to build.
Team: our team is mostly novice, with a Masters in Mech. Engineering and 6+ years at Ford as our Build lead, another who is an industrial design student, and some other talented/motivated software engineers/artists/folks with construction & car experience who are excited to be working on the project.
– Design: we’ve come up with a concept for a car we’re calling “Afterlife” a 2 level Greek/Roman style Heaven covered in LED lit clouds, greek columns, and more. (Here’s a link to our design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z92lEIC_6B-7dVhkKkhUutgx3w2Kpq5UsfJii-weSrM/edit#)
-Fundraising: we’ve already proven successful in raising money ($5k+) to purchase the base from our large community of over 300 Dinos and have fundraising events in both NYC and SF this month. We plan to launch a Kickstarter in the coming month as well.
493 total views, 3 today