- City: Los Altos
- State/Province: California
- Country: United States (US)
- Listed: July 19, 2022 7:17 pm
- Expires: 44 days, 12 hours
Looking for like minded people to form a small camp with three themes: Synthesizers, Sake, and Sushi. Here’s the concept: People who like producing music with synths, edm production, midi instruments, drum machines, etc., hanging out, jamming, teaching others to make music, performing live sets, breaking bread, and sharing a drink. I’ve got a pile of analog and digital instruments that I can bring along. Now, I hear you saying, the Playa dust will destroy your gear. And I say, yes, let it. I don’t mind, I’m not bringing vintage Moogs. If you enjoy midi, dawless, samplers, spinning, or just making beats, I’m looking for you.
I’ve previously camped with BRCU, and we ran classes. I’ve also previously camped with a Hungarian theme camp called Palinka Lounge, and we had a fun bar. In fact we will be placed next to Palinka Lounge this year, so you can experience both Hungarian theme and some Synth/Japan theme as well. Since 2019, our inaugural year, we expanded the camp membership and made a nice core. In 2022 we hope to improve everything we are doing.
So … Sake. I usually bring along enough Sake to cover 3 nights worth of Sake bar to share with anyone who wants to do tasting. It’s fun. The bar is less about the booze and more about meeting people from around the world. So anyone with a taste for unique drinks, would love to have you contributing on this.
In 2019 we had Chef Eizou join us, and we had an amazing experience offering a sushi bar on the playa. For 2022, due to Covid we don’t have Chef Eizou. But I’ve figured out a good way to make sticky rice on The Playa, and we have a nice menu figured out. I definitely welcome help on this front if someone out there has real world sushi bar experience. While we can’t offer a full range of sushi, it is kind of a unique thing to stumble upon while wandering down 8:15 and B. We are also planning soba bar nights new for 2022.
So what am I looking for? Interest. Anyone interested? Contributions of time, sacrifice some synths to bring along, and things we might need to pull this together: generator, sound system, a decent shade structure, midi cables, cv cables, batteries, anyone handy enough to make a portable bar that can be torn down and setup easily, some lighting ideas (I’d like to build an LED wall), maybe some ART? Planning a lightweight schedule that might include: a few classes per day, a hands on jam session, maybe some live performances, dj set, and the bar in evening, and then go have fun out on The Playa. Financially not looking for $ per head or anything like that. Just self-sufficient people who can contribute time, skills, love of music, synths, Japanese food, drinks, and looking to get back to the roots of participation.
– We are a placed theme camp, Location: 8:15 and B, next door to Palinka Lounge, Tokyo Sector
– We are looking for help with our build (we have a few structures, looking for build support)
– We are looking for help with the sushi bar/soba bar nights (experienced kitchen help)
– We are looking for people to come participate in the modular / synths oriented activities
– We are looking for water donations. Each evening of sushi/soba requires a few gallons of water for prep , and some amount for cleanup. Thank you to any water fairies.
– An occasional ice donation is a blessing. Sake bar needs a bit of ice, as does the sushi bar and soba bar. Thank you ice faeries.
315 total views, 1 today