- City: Los Altos
- State/Province: California
- Country: United States (US)
- Zip/Postal Code: 94024
- Listed: July 3, 2023 3:19 am
- Expires: 192 days, 19 hours
Looking for like minded people to form a small camp with three themes: Synthesizers, Sake, and Sushi. Here’s the concept: People who like producing music with synths, edm production, midi instruments, drum machines, etc., hanging out, jamming, teaching others to make music, performing live sets, breaking bread, and sharing a drink. I’ve got a pile of analog and digital instruments that I can bring along. Now, I hear you saying, the Playa dust will destroy your gear. And I say, yes, let it. I don’t mind, I’m not bringing vintage Moogs. If you enjoy midi, dawless, samplers, spinning, or just making beats, I’m looking for you.
I’ve previously camped with BRCU, and we ran classes. I’ve also previously camped with a Hungarian theme camp called Palinka Lounge, and we had a fun bar. In fact we will be placed next to Palinka Lounge this year, so you can experience both Hungarian theme and some Synth/Japan theme as well. Since 2019, our inaugural year, we expanded the camp membership and made a nice core. In 2022 we hope to improve everything we are doing.
So … Sake. I usually bring along enough Sake to cover 5 nights worth of Sake bar to share with anyone who wants to do tasting. It’s fun. The bar is less about the booze and more about meeting people from around the world. Anyone with a taste for unique drinks, would love to have you contributing on this. Japanese speakers are welcome in camp, and will have a group that attends from Japan as part of our camp.
In 2019 we had Chef Eizou join us, and we had an amazing experience offering a sushi bar on the playa. For 2022, due to Covid we don’t have Chef Eizou. But I’ve figured out a good way to make sticky rice on The Playa, and we have a nice menu figured out. I definitely welcome help on this front if someone out there has real world sushi bar experience. While we can’t offer a full range of sushi, it is kind of a unique thing to stumble upon while wandering down Dingbat & 8:45. Soba bar nights are a new thing we introduced in 2022, and it was a success.
So what am I looking for:
– On the sushi/sake bar side: experienced kitchen help in the area of Japanese cuisine. We would like you to join the camp if it is a good match
– On the synthesizer side, if you have gear and expertise, we’d like to have you come and hang out. If there is something particular you think you can add please DM me and lets talk
– On the build support and logistics: someone with shade structures they can contribute/bring/transport/support, a van or truck for bringing stuff in would be huge
We are asking for $200 per camp member, and are not actively seeking new campers outside of the areas mentioned above. Typically in the last weeks leading up to the burn we will get 20 inquiries a week. We cannot entertain new camp members who don’t get involved before August 1st. There is too much to do and we aren’t looking for the Thursday tourists. Self-sufficient people who can contribute time, skills, love of music,synths, Japanese food, drinks, and looking to get back to the roots of participation please contact me.
– We are a placed theme camp, Location: next door to Palinka Lounge, Tokyo Sector @ Dingbat & 8:45
– We are looking for an experienced shade builder with shade structures they can transport
– We are looking for help with the sushi bar/soba bar nights (experienced professionals in Japanese cuisine are sought to help balance the work load)
– We are looking for people to come participate in the modular / synths oriented activities
– We are looking for some van/truck logistics support for carrying larger items in
– We are looking for water donations. Each evening of sushi/soba requires a few gallons of water for prep , and some amount for cleanup. Thank you for water donations!
– An occasional ice donation is a blessing. Sake bar needs a bit of ice, as does the sushi bar and soba bar. We appreciate the support!
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.