- Country: United States (US)
- City: Sonoma
- Listed: June 24, 2019 10:14 am
- Expires: 94 days, 15 hours
Metamorphic Dis-chords is a wind-interactive art display. We invite others to make and bring additions of any size that either make noise powered by wind, or offer visitors some sort of interactive musical experience.
Think: blue man group instruments, kettle drums, or ?
This installation is anchored by two large projects.
1) The main attraction is the Trampoharp: a 12 ft upcycled rectangular trampoline frame, heavily modifed with tight wires that vibrate in the wind. Each wire is kinetically linked to a drum that amplifies the effect. Additional electrical amplifiers make it even louder. It generates an eerie otherworldy noise.
2) The Chime Turbine is a 14-ft tall rustic looking tower with large wind cyclers that power strikers that ping massive wind chimes.
There is lots of space around the border fence to install more displays on posts or stand-alone. Contact us with any concept you’d be interested in bringing.
We could also use some more lighting options, such as interesting LED displays. Generator power in eve.
Also, anyone in the north bay area or Sacramento with a truck or trailer and is willing to haul some infrastructure…there is a possibility you can join our build or teardown crews. We may be able to help you out with a vehicle pass if you can come early to our staging site in Gerlach.
236 total views, 1 today