- Country: United States (US)
- State/Province: California
- City: San Francisco
- Listed: August 21, 2018 5:21 pm
- Expires: 23 days, 5 hours
Bram and Richard here. We are to friends, and are excited about getting first Burn. Got all the gear, are fully prepared except for.. tickets. Many people had told us it would be possible to get tickets the month before BM, but no luck so far..
Would also be great to join a nice camp. Really willing to help out, participate, and meet great people. In any case looking for tickets and get to the playa!
I studied product design, at an art school, and Upon graduating in 2009 I started a design studio that collaborated with engineers and scientists to create super light weight 3D printed furniture. Developing better, more sustainable products together with highly motivated people was greatly inspiring to me.
This work got me in touch with the Open Source Hardware movement. The impact that open sourcing designs could make on enabling anyone, anywhere to innovate and collaborate led to launching, together with Richard, a platform for sharing and collaborating on open source products such as clean tech, robotics, and prosthetics.
I grew up in the wood workshop of my dad who restored and sold antiques. I loved the craftsmanship and working with my hands.
I moved out of our small town to pursue a study in Multimedia Design, and then dropped out to start a web company with a friend. When I’d grown my skills I launched, as a side project, a platform and community for antique and vintage lovers.
In 2011 I started together with 3 friends a creative agency for 3D printing. Our goal was to educate and inspire the general public about 3D printing and it’s great potential. We build a large community around 3D printing, created a blog and knowledge bank, and organized lectures and public events.
Some relevant projects we have done together include:
– we build a human size fully 3D printed robot, controlled with open source electronics and software.
– in 2011 we organized the setting of the world record 3D printing: We got together the budding home 3D printing community (which consisted of just a few hundred people at the time), and managed to print with 60 printers simultaneously.
– we organized and hosted an exhibit about the Open Source Hardware Movement
– we started a project in which we collaborated with a global community on the development robots that provided hospitalized children a real world avatar, and which enabled them to explore the world through VR glasses.k
Fun fact: At the age of 12 Bram was awarded the golden ax at the local boyscouts for being the lumberjack of the year.
Fun fact: Richard’s ‘hobby’ at primary school was to carefully deconstruct toys to observe their components, and then set them to fire.
Let us know if you have tickets / a camp to join!
Bram and Richard.
465 total views, 2 today